Monday, November 14, 2005

Wet dogs, angry women and Ducks on the water

Ok,
"I want to change my clothes, wash my face, put on a happy mood and read my damn book." I have an acquaintance who will be referred to as CJ when I write. She knows who she is. Anyway the preceding quote is from her. She is in Grad school and nearing finals. Needless to say, phone calls with her can range anywhere from "sweetness and light" to "satan's calling..." So I endured a lot of griping, pissing moaning and beratement from her tonight.

On top of that, I have been out of town and had to do some serious grocery shopping. Well, for me, nothing is serious. I look at trips to the store, or anywhere people are gathered as a chance to meet new people and talk to them. Actually, I ran into several folks I know, so I managed to kill some time and do the shopping. I really hate the shopping, but have fun people watching and talking to folks. Kind of sums up my college experience. Had a great time, but class got in the way.

Anyway... came home to feed my wet dogs (which is why I went to the store in the first place). Holy crap they were wet. It rained today one inch short of Biblical flood. They managed to survive by hiding under my canoe under the deck. Ironic, isn't it? They survive a flood UNDER a canoe instead of in it. But I guess I didn't have to explain that, huh?

So towels, growls and bowls of food later, I can move on to making plans for the weekend. It is duck season here in the Mississippi flyway and I am eager to go. My service to my country has precluded me from hunting fowl for 4 of the last 6 seasons. Sure, I have had plenty of opportunity to shoot towel headed terrorists, but they tend to shoot back at the most incovenient time. Plus, no matter how good looking they were in life, I am not allowed to stuff and mount one on my wall at home.

Back to angry women, I need new duck waders. Mine leak, and when I opined about acquiring a new pair, CJ really pitched a fit. Well, honestly, she pointed out that I can patch them and continue to wear them for at least another season. But I hunt with the kind of people that are too snooty for patched waders. It shouldn't matter, but since I am invited to hunt with them, I ought to strive to keep up with the decor. Okay, I am vain and selfish and want new waders. SO there. CJ was right. I can't stand to not have cool new stuff.

Well, never meant to ramble. But I did. No apologies. The quote is at the beginning of my post this time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

I bet we could find some little alligator patches for them? Izod waders....or maybe little "Orvis" patches.....

we could fix ya up in a jiffy...

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home