Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Great White Hunter

I am not making any comparisons of me to the great President Teddy Roosevelt. I greatly admire his career and leadership style and his joi d'vive. I have hunted once so far this season. It was very hot and there were no ducks near enough to shoot. Although I could see BILLIONS from where I sat in my muddy little blind. The General blew the calls and the Dog sat there with a look on his face that said (if dogs could talk) "You are the anti-duck. You jinx me everytime you hunt with me. Why don't you take target practice or stop hunting altogether?"

So I have the fever now. Eagerly awaiting my next chance to hunt something, anything. So I will confess now that at the ripe old age of 34 I have NEVER hunted deer. Amazing to have grown up in the South, surrounded by the best hunting in the world and not to have gone. What can I say, Daddy didn't hunt, so I didn't hunt.

But a guy I work with is taking me this Friday to hunt a deer. Guarantees I will get one. As long as the Dog doesn't go to pass his silent judgement on me, at least I will get in the woods and out of the office.

"Haw! Somebody shoot up amongst us, one of us needs some relief!" Marcel Ledbetter (Jerry Clower)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

good luck, and I want you to work on a "the big one that got away story".....

have fun

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home